This course provides a basic understanding of the general practices used to create an environment that is safe to produce food and the practices that help to ensure safe production and handling. Participants will learn a variety of topics including how to prevent contamination, promote hygienic practices, and monitor the temperature of high-risk foods through the application of Good Operating Practice.
Live webinar recording
What is covered?
- What is a food safety hazard?
- Preventing contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Maintenance and repairs
- Pest controls
- Approved suppliers
- Shelf life
- Controlling temperature
- Documentation and recording keeping
- Overview of NZ food legislation
Who should attend?
Anyone working or preparing to work in the food and dairy industry
- Apply new skills and knowledge to your workplace immediately after the course
- Reduce your company’s down-grade costs by applying the food safety controls taught in this course
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
There is no prerequisite.
You will be required to be 18 years old or older to be able to enrol into our courses.
Training Options & Pricing
We offer different training options: Public Schedule Classes and In-House Training.
Public Schedule Classroom
See our selection of set course dates on our public schedule. Individuals can attend courses that are delivered in the classroom, face to face with our trainer. We supply catering for your training on the day. You will see the date and location (City + venue) beside each option to choose your preferred course to attend. We encourage you to train with your team and can offer group pricing for groups of 3 or more trainees.
View pricing information here for in-house rates.
Please contact our team in advance if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.