Plant Disease Diagnosis and Testing
We provide an extensive range of plant disease diagnostic and testing services.
Our scientific staff are recognised for their expertise in detecting and identifying a broad diversity of plant pathogens including:
Our laboratory is based in Lincoln, Canterbury and offers significant capability in ELISA and DNA-based diagnostics. We frequently develop new test methods based on industry demand. We are also approved by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) to supply identification and diagnostic services for export certification.
Our services include
- Seed health testing - including nematode testing
- Diagnosis and identification of plant diseases affecting all horticultural and arable crops; including amenity plants, ornamentals, turf, etc.
- Detection and identification of plant viruses using ELISA and qPCR technologies
- Endophyte testing: quantification of endophyte levels in ryegrass and fescue seed lots
- Detection of Phytophthora and other pathogens in growing media and irrigation water
- Identification of spoilage fungi occurring in food and beverages
- Identification of postharvest storage rots in fruit and vegetables
- Aphanomyces soil indexing
- Seed industry
- Fresh produce exporters
- Commercial growers
- Private growers
- Research institutes
- Government agencies and local authorities